How to Start a Club
Clubs registered through the Douglas Students Union receive many benefits including:
100$ funding per semester (not cumulative)
100 free photocopies per semester
Free room bookings at the DSU
1. Choose a name
2. Choose a purpose.
Fulfill a role and purpose not already fulfilled by another existing club.
Fit one of the 7 club categories: General interest, Activist, Religious, Partisan, Service, Course Union and Course Union Grad.
Decide the scope of what your club will actually do.
3. Choose a President, Vice-President and Treasurer
4. Print or pickup club proposal package and fill it out.
There is a link to the club proposal package in the resources section below. Alternatively, packages can be picked up from the DSU office.
5. Find 7 other members to sign the package.
6. Hand in club package at the DSU office
7. Wait for a response
You will be contacted once the student representative committee approves the chartering of your new club.
8. Get your club listed on Douglife.ca
Filling out the form linked HERE allows your club to be listed on the clubs page on Douglife.ca
9. Plan events and activities to grow the club
10. (Optional) Setup a meeting with a Douglife clubs advisor.
Our advisors can help you sort out some of the more complicated details of running a club successfully. Email the Campus Life Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a meeting.
Starting a club is that simple.